Our exercise of the month for June is one that works your legs, arms and abs all at the same time. Do a few sets with short rests and it will get your heart rate racing too and help improve your cardiovascular fitness, increase your metabolism, tone and build muscle and burn body fat.
Yes, it is that good an exercise!
Side Shuffle Push-Up
Now, this is a push-up with a difference as it is a full body workout all in one exercise as I mentioned earlier.
Okay, so how is the “side shuffle push-up” performed?
- Start in a position kneeling on all fours (hands, knees and feet on the ground)
- Now lift your knees off the ground and straighten your legs to assume the push-up position
- Level 1 of this exercise would be just holding this position for 15 – 30 seconds
- Level 2 involves lifting up your left arm and moving it sideways and you then follow with your feet and right arm too. You then move back to the right and finish the movement where you originally started.
- Level 3 involves adding a push-up by moving your chest toward the ground once you have moved to the left and then again once you have moved back to the right
- Just keep repeating the movement for a certain number of repetitions or a specified time period
Make sure you include our exercise of the month in your workouts to help really challenge your body to get the results you deserve. Your body likes variety and this is a great exercise to help you create a varied workout to help you get fitter, healthier and sexier.