Our exercise of the month for April has been called the “King” of all exercises because it has so many great benefits…
- It is the “Squat”
The easiest way to picture what a squat is, is to imagine that you are lowering your bum to sit down on a chair and then just before your bum touches the chair, stand up again.
There are a few important points to remember when doing squats:
- Stick your bum out
- Bend through your hips and knees as you lower your body
- Keep your heels on the ground
- Don’t let your knees turn in towards each other
Squats are a great exercise with many benefits. They work some of the largest muscles in the body and therefore burn lots of calories and will help with body fat loss too. Research has also found that your body releases more testosterone and growth hormone when you work these larger muscles which helps you build and tone muscle in your entire body.
- So, body fat loss and toning muscle are 2 very important benefits that almost everyone will enjoy
- Another benefit is that the squat is what I call a very functional exercise. What I mean by this is that we use the squat movement a lot during our normal daily activities without even realising it. So, if you get better at squats, then you will make your daily activities easier to perform
- Squats are also great because you can perform many different variations (see a few below)
Make sure you include our exercise of the month in your workouts to help really challenge your body to get the results you deserve. Your body likes variety and this is a great exercise to help you create a varied workout to help you get fitter, healthier and sexier.